All Soy Much Brighter candles are crafted in Boston, MA with 100% soy wax, made in the USA. Candles are scented with phthalate-free fragrance & essential oil blends.
The 4oz sizes are made with an all-natural cotton wick, while the 8oz. and 12oz. sizes are made with an organic, crackling wooden wick.
Each candle is hand poured by the candle witch herself, into recyclable glass jars. These jars can be recycled or up-cycled for use around your home for various things that jars are used for: pencils, change, cue tips, rocks, whatever you fancy!
Most store-bought candles are made with paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is a byproduct of Petroleum, which has been found to be a harmful carcinogen. Burning candles made with paraffin also result in the soot stains you may find on the rims of your candles and walls. Ain't nobody want that kind of filth around!
Soy is a cleaner option.
When choosing a soy candle as an alternative to other waxes available, you can expect a cleaner burn in addition to a 50% longer burn time! Soy wax is a softer wax, allowing a slower burn. It also offers a quick and easy cleanup in the event that a pet or child knocks the candle over.
Soy wax comes straight from the soybean itself, therefore making these candles a plant-based product that is biodegradable and safe for the environment. #motherearththanksyou
Crackling wooden wicks
The all-natural wooden wicks used in the Soy Much Brighter candles are sourced from organic native hardwood, usually cherry wood. They also contribute to the slower burn time of the candle and offer a warm audible crackle while lit; like a miniature fireplace.
Candle sizes and burn time
12 Ounces (Large): 75-80+ hours
8 Ounces (Medium): 45-50+ hours
4 Ounces (Small): 15-20 hours
*It is important to keep in mind that these are estimates based off of my own testing and candle care. If the care guidelines are followed, you should experience similar lifetimes for your candles.
Get the most burn for your buck by following these simple guidelines:
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated area.
- Allow the candle to generate a wax pool that covers the entire surface of the candle and reaches the edges of the jar. This will create a "wax memory". Yup, it's a thing! If the wax doesn't fully burn out to the edges of the candle, the subsequent burns will initiate a tunneling effect and decrease the lifetime of the candle.
- The wick will need a trim before each burn. Trim cotton wicks to at least 1/4" and 1/8" for wooden wicks. This will ensure that the candle stays lit.
- Trim the cooled, charred wicks with your fingers and toss 'em. You can also use scissors or a wick trimmer made especially for candles (found in the shop accessories section).
- It is not recommend to keep candles lit for more than 3-4 hours at a time.